|How do I insert a PDF file?
|You want to make a PDF file available for your visitors to download from a WebBlock page on your site?
1) Add the PDF file to your Files Gallery so that you can use it in a WebBlock.
Click on the [Galleries \ Files] menu then [Add]
2) Insert a text into your WebBlock : "Download the PDF file"
Click on the [Galleries \ WebBlocks] menu and edit your WebBlock.
Create the text, rich text or image element that you want to link to your file.
3) Define a navigation behaviour for your text element.
Choose a navigation behaviour for the element, 2 choices are available:
1st Solution) The simplest: a pop-up window opens with a link to download the file.
"Open a file (DOC, PDF)" and select the file you previously uploaded to your Files Gallery.
2nd Solution) The fastest for the user: a direct link to the PDF file.
Select the navigation behaviour:
- Type of Behaviour: Display a website in a new window.
- Hyperlink URL: Files/XXXXX/name-of-file.pdf
XXXXX : is your Actinic account number
name-of-file.pdf : the name of the file to download available in your Files Gallery.
The example is about a PDF file, but the principle is the same for all file formats accepted by Actinic.