World leader in ultra-light hiking gear!
Arklight-Design’s founders are passionate about extreme hiking. Experts in their field, they offer equipment they’ve tested themselves in real-life situations.
All of their equipment is chosen based on three main hiking principles: weight, comfort and safety. They top off the wide variety of products they offer with some products of their own design.
The Key to Their Success
After 4 years in the business, Pierre Dumay, Arklight-Design CEO, highlights some of the main factors that have led to their success:
Hiking is a very demanding sport that requires a high level of attention to detail, and it’s under these conditions that you’ll reach your full potential.
> We’ve applied our priorities and values to our e-CF
ommerce website, taking particular care with the quality of photos and navigation to give users the best experience possible. With this niche market we were able to generate encouraging revenue starting our first year!
> We focused our communication around our products as this is what our visitors are looking for. Our website is strategically optimised with organic SEO techniques and some paid advertising for ultra-light equipment, which generates about half of our traffic.
> We also worked on expanding our online reputation by creating two forums for hiking enthusiasts which we participate actively on. The expert advice and general good practice that we give out has helped build customer loyalty, and generates a significant amount of traffic.
> In order to attract new customers, we’ve diversified our sources of acquisition by posting our products on price comparison sites such as Twenga.
> Using mobiles has become routine for many of our customers, and activating the mobile version of our website was quite successful and now accounts for more than 5% of our turnover. This was a pleasant surprise for us and should serve as a lesson to all etailers: today all etailers should offer a mobile version of their site to satisfy customers and build customer loyalty.
Choosing Oxatis means choosing technical excellence, quality service, and e-Commerce expertise. These three elements explain our e-Commerce site’s success and impressive growth over the last few years. Mission accomplished thanks to design experts who stuck to our guidelines and gave us advice on how to improve our site’s user-friendliness, especially throughout the checkout process. The Oxatis solution was a key element in our site’s success!
- The solution is very simple as it’s designed to satisfy unexperienced users such as ourselves. E-Commerce features such as payment methods, shipping options, integrating images and sending out newsletters are directly integrated into the solution and are very easy to use.
- The ability to quickly take advantage of new sources of customer acquisition by posting products on price comparison sites (Twenga, Google Shopping…) or marketplaces (eBay, Amazon…) with the MarketPlace Manager. The results are quite impressive.
- The e-Commerce mobile website is automatically available with no necessary adjustments. Our customers are satisfied and we have 5% more sales!
- We entrusted the Oxatis experts with our e-Commerce website’s design, and its uncluttered layout highlights our products while making use of the best e-Commerce practices for user-friendliness throughout the ordering process.
- With Oxatis our e-Commerce website is constantly being improved and updated, with no necessary interventions from us, no changing versions or data processing, which is a huge advantage when it comes to remaining at the forefront of e-Commerce technology.